1. We learn that Mr. Ewell had actually threatened to kill Atticus. How does Atticus take the threat?
2. Alexandra disagrees with Atticus about the threat. Why? Should Atticus take the threat more seriously?
3. If Tom is found guilty on appeal, what will his punishment be? Why?
4. According to Atticus, what are three reasons why many Maycomb citizens do not want to serve on a jury?
5. When Scout learns about the Cunningham juror, what does she say she will do as soon as school starts? What is Aunt Alexandra’s response?
6. Scout explains to Jem what Aunt Alexandra said that caused her to cry. What was it that upset her most?
7. How does Jem describe the social hierarchy in Maycomb?