Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog)


  1. ^ The Penguin edition punctuates the title differently: Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog!
  2. ^ The boat is called a double sculling skiff in the book – that is, a boat propelled by two people, each using a pair of one-handed oars (sculls). A camping skiff is a boat with an easily-erected canvas cover. This effectively turns the boat into a floating tent for overnight use.
  3. ^ Home Chimes was published 1884–1894 by Richard Willoughby, London, price 1/-. It was a (first weekly, then monthly) miscellany, mostly fiction by little-known authors. See Magazine Data File
  4. ^ The Blue Posts, 81 Newman Street, London;The Royal Stag and the Manor House at Datchet; The Crown at Marlow; The George and Dragon at Wargrave; The Bull at Sonning; The Swan at Pangbourne; The Bull at Streatley; and The Barley Mow at Clifton Hampden. The Bells of Ouseley at Old Windsor still exists, but the building was demolished and rebuilt in 1936. It is now part of the Harvester chain.

This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.