- Thérèse Raquin – the eponymous heroine, is the wife of Camille and the orphaned daughter of Madame Raquin's brother and an unknown African woman.
- Camille Raquin – Thérèse's husband and first cousin.
- Madame Raquin – Camille's mother and Thérèse's aunt. She works as a shopkeeper to support her family.
- Laurent LeClaire – a childhood friend and coworker of Camille who seduces Thérèse
- Michaud – the police commissioner and friend of Madame Raquin
- Olivier – Michaud's son who works at the police prefecture
- Suzanne – Olivier's Wife
- Grivet – an elderly employee of the Orléans Railroad Company, where Camille works
- François – the Raquins' cat
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.