In "The Yellow Wallpaper", what clue does the narrator's repeated lament, "what can one do?" give us about her personality? Whst conflicting emotions is she havimg toward her husband, her condiction, and the mansion?In the yellow wallpaper by charlotte perkins gilman
The Yellow Wallpaper Study Guide & Essays
“The Yellow Wallpaper” is an exaggerated account of Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s personal experiences. In 1887, shortly after the birth of her daughter, Gilman began to suffer from serious depression and fatigue. She was referred to Silas Weir Mitchell, a leading specialist in women’s nervous…
The Yellow Wallpaper study guide contains a biography of Charlotte Perkins Gilman, literature essays, a complete e-text, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- The Yellow Wallpaper Summary
- About The Yellow Wallpaper
- Character List
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Part 1
- Summary and Analysis of Part 2
- Summary and Analysis of Part 3
- Responding to the Wallpaper
- The Stages of Feminine Injustice
- "Personally, I Disagree With Their Ideas"
- Paper, Paper, On the Wall...
- Prescription to Madness
- Teaching Guide