- Focus primarily on parts 2 and 3, but can also be related to part 1.
- “the episodic memory and pattern of the break with identity and the journey into the alienating underworld and back”
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going”
- “War is hell” – William Tecumseh
- From a psychoanalytic perspective, the underworld is “limbo” which is the lowest state of being/ state of mind to possess
o Relate it to biblical texts, region of the border between hell and heaven
o Place of state of oblivion, forgotten, etc. imprisonment,
o Psychologically, it’s an imprisonment of the mind.
o Applies to mrs. ross