- Condon, Garret “Ann Petry,” Hartford Courant Northeast, November 8, 1992
- Contemporary Authors Autobiography Series, Detroit: Gale Research Company, 1988.
- Hernton, Calvin (1987). The Sexual Mountain and Black Women Writers. Anchor Press. ISBN 0-385-23921-1.
- Holladay, Hilary (1996). Ann Petry. Twayne Publishers. ISBN 978-0-8057-7842-7.
- McKay, Nellie. "Ann Petry's The Street and The Narrows: A Study of the Influence of Class, Race, and Gender on Afro-American Women's Lives." Women and War. Ed. Maria Diedrich and Dorothea Fischer-Hornung. New York: Berg, 1990.
- Petry, Elisabeth, ed. Can Anything Beat White? A Black Family’s Letters. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2005. Author. At Home Inside: A Daughter's Tribute to Ann Petry. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2008.
- “English and the Urban Scene,” speech delivered to Hartford Public High school’s English Department and NDEA Institute of Trinity College, March 6, 1969
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.