6. What is the setting (date and place) for The Scarlet Letter?
7. List some “crimes” and punishments possible in Puritan society during this time.
8. According to the “goodwives” in attendance, what crime (scandal) has the criminal, Hester Prynne, committed? And what do they think is a fitting punishment for this crime?
9. When the prisoner stepped forward from the prison, describe her demeanor. What was she carrying in her arms?
10. What item was fastened to her dress? Describe it.
11. How does Hester bear the punishment of standing on the scaffold for this 3 hours? (What does she do to compensate?)
Can someone please help me with these questions?