- 1852: La poupée de Nuremberg, an opéra comique, by Adolphe Adam
- 1870: Elements of the story were later adapted (very loosely) as the ballet Coppélia.
- 1881: It was also adapted as Act I of Offenbach's opera Les contes d'Hoffmann.
- 1896: La poupée, an opéra comique, by Edmond Audran
- 2002: "Der Sandmann" is the basis of the chamber opera, "The Sandman" produced by Target Margin Theater in NYC; text by David Herskovits and Douglas Langworthy; music by Thomas Cabaniss.
- 2006: "Der Sandmann" a ballet created for Stuttgarter Ballett, choreographed by Christian Spuck.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.