- ^ Katha Upanishad "1-III-14. Arise, awake, and learn by approaching the exalted ones, for that path is sharp as a razor's edge, impassable, and hard to go by, say the wise."
- ^ Razors Edge: The Katha Upanishad by Nancy Cantwell. Timequotidian.com, 29 January 2010.
- ^ Talk 550. 15 October 1938. Talks with Ramana Maharshi. Inner Directions Press. ISBN 978-1-878019-00-4
- ^ "Eastern promise". Mint (newspaper). 17 May 2008.
- ^ 'Fable of Beasts & Men'. Time (magazine). 5 November 1945.
- ^ Isherwood's letter to Time is cited in Christopher Isherwood, My Guru and His Disciple, page 183.
- ^ Godman, David (1988) Somerset Maugham and The Razor's Edge http://davidgodman.org
- ^ Thompson, Lewis, and Lannoy, Richard (ed) (2011), Fathomless Heart: The Spiritual and Philosophical Reflections of an English Poet-Sage, p.1, North Atlantic Books
- ^ Haberman, David L. (1 July 1993). "A cross‐cultural adventure: The transformation of Ronald Nixon". Religion (Routledge) 23 (3): 217–227. doi:10.1006/reli.1993.1020. ISSN 0048-721X. Haberman states that Nixon's "direct experiences with the death and destruction of warfare filled him with a sense of futility and meaninglessness (strikingly similar to the experience of Larry in Sommerset Maugham's The Razor's Edge)" (p. 283).
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.