The story has been adapted into other media many times, including:
- On 6 October 1903, a one-act play opened at London's Haymarket Theatre, starring Cyril Maude as Mr. White and Lena Ashwell as Mrs. White.
- A 1933 film version, screenplay by Graham John, directed by Wesley Ruggles (his last film with RKO), and starring C. Aubrey Smith, Ivan Simpson and Louise Carter.
- A 1948 film version, screenplay by Norman Lee and Barbara Toy.
- "The Monkey's Paw -- A Retelling", aired on TV on April 19, 1965 in season 3, episode 26 of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, starring Leif Erickson, Jane Wyatt, and Lee Majors.
- "The Monkey's Paw" was adapted as a radio play narrated by Christopher Lee in 2004 as part of the BBC radio drama series Christopher Lee's Fireside Tales.
- An operatic version of the story was adapted by composer, Jonathan N. Kupper in 2009. Excerpts of the piece were showcased as part of Opera Vista's new opera competition in Houston, TX in 2010; and a full production was premiered by The Microscopic Opera Company in Pittsburgh, PA in 2011.