- Alexie, Sherman. The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. New York: Grove Press, 2005.
- Grassian, Daniel. Understanding Sherman Alexie. Columbia: University of South Carolina Press, 2005.
Cline, Lynn. "About Sherman Alexie." Ploughshares 26.4 (2000): p. 197.
Kaufman, Michael E. "How to Teach a True Spokane Story: Learning Sherman Alexie's Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven Through Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried." AURCO Journal 17 (2012): pp. 83-98.
Lawrence, Jane. "The Indian Health Service and the Sterilization of Native American Women" in The American Indian: Past and Present ed. Roger L. Nichols. New York: McGraw Hill, 1998.
- Adams, Cecil. "Were 40% of Native American women forcibly sterilized in the 1970s?." The Straight Dope. 2002-03-22. 2013-07-20. <http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2384/were-40-of-native-american-women-forcibly-sterilized-in-the-1970s>.
- Flanagan, Mark. "Sherman Alexie Bio." About.com. 2013-07-03. <http://contemporarylit.about.com/cs/authors/p/alexie.htm>.
- Kaelber, Lutz. "Eugenics: Compulsory Sterilization in 50 American States." University of Vermont. 2009-03-24. 2013-07-22. <http://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/>.
- Roberts, Rebecca. "Author Sherman Alexie Talks 'Flight'." National Public Radio. 2007-04-11. 2013-07-18. <http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9517855>.
- Rothberg, Nina. "Native American Spiritual Imaginaries and Notions of Erasure in Sherman Alexie's The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven." Anamesa. 2013-07-15. <http://www.nyu.edu/pubs/anamesa/archive/spring_2005_democracy/08_rothberg.pdf>.
- Rutecki, George W. "Forced Sterilization of Native Americans: Late Twentieth Century Physician Cooperation with National Eugenic Policies." The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity. 2010-10-08. 2013-07-13. <http://cbhd.org/content/forced-sterilization-native-americans-late-twentieth-century-physician-cooperation-national->.
- Tinker, George E. "Religion." Encyclopedia of Native American Indians. 2013-07-12. <http://web.archive.org/web/20050330085408/http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/naind/html/na_032600_religion.htm>.
- "American Indian Clothing and Regalia." Native Languages of the Americas. 2013-07-19. <http://www.native-languages.org/clothing.htm>.
- "Sherman Alexie: Born with Hydrocephalus, Now a Well-Known Author." Columbia University Medical Center. 2009-12-11. 2013-07-14. <http://www.columbianeurosurgery.org/2009/12/sherman-alexie-born-with-hydrocephalus-now-a-well-known-author-2/>.
- "Spokane History Timeline." Discovery School. 2011-07-27. 2013-07-13. <http://www.discovery-school.org/colwright.html>.
- "1976: Government admits forced sterilization of Indian Women." National Library of Medicine. 2013-07-13. <https://www.nlm.nih.gov/nativevoices/timeline/543.html>.