- ^ a b Omar ibn Said (1831). "Autobiography of Omar ibn Said, Slave in North Carolina, 1831". University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- ^ Powell, William S. (1979). "Omar ibn Said, b. 1770?". Dictionary of North Carolina Biography. University of North Carolina Press.
- ^ Horn, Patrick E. "Omar ibn Said, African Muslim Enslaved in the Carolinas". University Library, University of North Carolina.
- ^ Omar ibn Said Davidson Encyclopedia Tammy Ivins, June 2007
- ^ Jonathan Curiel. Al'America. pp.30-32.
- ^ http://sites.davidson.edu/archives/encyclopedia/omar-ibn-sayyid
- ^ Hunwick, John O. (2004). "I Wish to be Seen in Our Land Called Afrika: Umar b. Sayyid's Appeal to be Released from Slavery (1819)" (PDF). Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies 5.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.