- BSc (Honours), University of London, 1972.
- New Statesman Jock Campbell Award for The Slave Girl, 1979.
- British Home Secretary's Advisory Council on Race, 1979.
- Arts Council of Great Britain bursary, 1982-3.
- One of Granta′s "Best of the Young British Novelists", 1983.
- PhD, University of London, 1991.
- Order of the British Empire, 2005
- Who's Who in Anioma, 2011
- Who's Who in Ibusa, 2011
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.