- Preston, Richard. The Hot Zone. New York: Random House, 1994.
- Bollett, Alfred Jay. Plagues & Poxes: The Impact of Human History on Epidemic Disease. New York: Demos Medical Publishing, Inc., 2004.
- Close, William T. Ebola. London: Arrow Books Ltd., 1995.
- Defoe, Daniel. A Journal of the Plague Year. Mineola: Dover Thrift Editions, 2001.
- Draper, Allison Stark. Epidemics: Deadly Diseases throughout History - Ebola. New York: The Rosen Publishing Group, 2002.
- Hewlett, Barry S. and Bonnie L. Hewlett. Ebola, Culture, and Politics: The Anthropology of an Emerging Disease. Belmont: Thomas Wadsworth, 2008.
- Kuhn, J. H. Filoviruses: A Compendium of 40 Years of Epidemiological, Clinical, and Laboratory Studies. Vienna: Springer Wien New York, 2008.
- McNeill, William H. Plagues and Peoples. New York: Anchor Books Editions, 1998.
- Oldstone, Michael B. A. Viruses, Plagues, and History: Past, Present, and Future. New York: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Preston, Richard. Panic in Level 4: Cannibals, Killer Viruses, and Other Journeys to the Edge of Science. New York: Random House Trade Paperbacks, 2008.
Hammer, Joshua. "The Hunt for Ebola." Smithsonian Magazine, November 2012.
McNeil, Jr., Donald G. "Link to African Ebola Found in Bats Suggests Virus is More Widespread." The New York Times, January 28, 2013.
Preston, Richard. "A Reporter at Large: CRISIS IN THE HOT ZONE." The New Yorker, October 26, 1992.