- Max, "a man of seventy" – The patriarch of the family.
- Lenny, "a man in his early thirties" – Max's son, apparently a pimp.
- Sam, "a man of sixty-three" – Max's brother, a chauffeur.
- Joey, "a man in his middle twenties" – Max's son, in demolition, training to be a boxer.
- Teddy, "a man in his middle thirties" – Max's son, a professor of philosophy in America.
- Ruth, "a woman in her early thirties" – Teddy's wife.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.