Premium Content Dystopian Novels in a Cruel World
By Anonymous - April 18, 2010
Camus wrote that “the world is ugly and cruel, but it is only by adding to that ugliness and cruelty that we sin most gravely”.
Dystopian novels can be both a mirror and a magnifying glass, reflecting our world and exaggerating aspects of it to create their nightmarish realities. However, much dystopian fiction does not intend to simply add to the…
This excerpt of the essay is provided for free. To read the complete essay of 1990 words or to get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3077 literature essays, 906 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
The Handmaid's Tale Essays and Related Content
- The Handmaid's Tale: Study Guide
- The Handmaid's Tale: Major Themes
- The Handmaid's Tale: Questions
- The Handmaid's Tale: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Margaret Atwood: Biography
- Social Commentary in Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale
- The Roles of Women in Kate Chopin's The Awakening and Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale
- Gilead's Greatest Hits: Volume One
- Language as a Form of Power In The Handmaid's Tale
- Selfishness and Survival in The Handmaid’s Tale and 1984
- The Handmaid’s Tale: Dissecting the Feminist Dystopia
- Dystopian Novels in a Cruel World
- Gilead's Betrayal of Women in The Handmaid's Tale (12th Grade)