Main points of discussion:
• Acceptable only for rich at the time
• Gastby sells alcohol illegally
• Have parties and don't get caught (police turn a blind eye?)
• Nick has only got drunk once (not much money = not much alcohol)
• Ironic that Gatsby doesn't drink and that's where he made his money from?
Cheating on husband/wife
• Both partners know about affairs and don't think much of it
• Tom cheats with someone of lower class than himself and doesn't care much for her
• Jordan cheated in golf tournament
• Nick cheat Tom by setting up Daisy and Gatsby
• Gatsby cheats his way into money (illegally selling alcohol)
• Gatsby cheats himself by pretending to be born rich and live that lifestyle
Lack of religion/spirituality
• No moral/ethics
• Carefree lifestyle
• Can get away with more (selling alcohol, killing Myrtle)
• Wilson's the only one who bring religion up
• Eckleburg as a sign of god in Wilson's POV
• Tom says that white people need to dominate at the beginning of the novel?
• Gatsby "son of god?"