1) According to Jordan, what did Daisy do on her wedding day? Why?
2) Why does Gatsby want to have tea with Daisy in Nick's house? Why doesn't Gatsby ask Nick for his favor himself?
3) What does Tom do when he and Daisy return from their honeymoon?
4) Aside from the improbability of his story, what other evidence is there that Gatsby is lying when he tells Nick about his background?
5) How does Daisy behave after Gatsby goes overseas? What does her behavior show about her feelings for Gatsby?
6) After Jordan tells Nick the story of Gatsby and Daisy, Nick says that Gatsby "came alive to me, delivered suddenly from the womb of his purposeless splendor." How does the metaphor of birth help explain what Gatsby's behavior had meant to Nick up to then?