1) Describe the two ways in which Nick differs from the other guests at Gatsby's party.
2) What does Nick think of Gatsby when he first meets him?
3) What does the owl-eyed man in the library find extraordinary about Gatsby's library?
4) What does Fitzgerald describe the party (in the passage beginning "By seven o'clock the orchestra has arrived") in the present tense?
5) Describe the ambiguity in Gatsby's character that strikes Nick.
6) Describe two incidents involving automobiles in this chapter. What role do automobiles seem to play in the novel so far?