1) How does Nick meet Tom's mistress?
2) Describe George Wilson. How does he react to Tom's arrival?
3) How does Myrtle behave as the party progresses?
4) Describe the setting of the valley of ashes where George and Myrtle live. What aspects of the setting imply that it is intended to have a symbolic meaning as well as a literal one?
5) How does Fitzgerald describe Myrtle Wilson? Does her physical appearance reflect her character in any way?
6) Compare the setting of the party in this chapter with the setting of the party in Chapter One. What does this reveal about the characters and their personalities?