1. Who do you think is the main character of the play- Tom, Laura, or Amanda? Why? Is the main character the protagonist? Is there an antagonist?
2. What might happen to Laura after Tom's departure? What might happen to Amanda?
3. Discuss the symbol of the glass menagerie. What does it represent? Does it represent the same things throughout the play, or does its meaning change?
4. Generally, plays do not have narrators. How does the fact that Tom is the narrator affect the style and content of the play? Would your appraisal of the events be different if there were no narrator?
5. Discuss the significance of the unicorn in The Glass Menagerie. How does the unicorn relate to the play’s major themes?