Premium Content Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi": Mad, Mad Ferdinand
By Anonymous - March 01, 2004
Much of John Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi" centers around the subversions and perversions of Ferdinand, the Duchess' brother. Ferdinand is an immensely disturbed man who has been driven to insanity by his inability to control his sister, and his resultant inability to control his own life. His incestuous desires, though subtle, fill him with the…
This excerpt of the essay is provided for free. To read the complete essay of 2667 words or to get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3321 literature essays, 1017 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
The Duchess of Malfi Essays and Related Content
- The Duchess of Malfi: Study Guide
- The Duchess of Malfi: Major Themes
- The Duchess of Malfi: E-Text
- The Duchess of Malfi: Questions
- The Duchess of Malfi: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- John Webster: Biography
- The Duchess of Malfi and a Certain Fish Story
- Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi": Mad, Mad Ferdinand
- Explore and analyse Webster's treatment of women and their status in society as presented in The White Devil and The Duchess of Malfi
- Flying of Fate: the Echoes of “The Duchess of Malfi”
- Merit in The Duchess of Malfi (College)