The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank Study Guide & Essays
Anne's diary was written during the years 1942-1944. These years were the toughest times of World War II in Europe. To make sense of World War II, one must begin with the aftermath of World War I and the Versailles Treaty of 1919.
At the beginning of the twentieth century, the German empire was one…
The ClassicNote on The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank is a complete study guide containing a biography of Anne Frank, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- About The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Character List
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of June 12, 1942 to July 8, 1942
- Summary and Analysis of October 1, 1942 to November 28, 1942
- Summary and Analysis of June 15, 1943 to December 6, 1943
- Summary and Analysis of February 13, 1944 to March 19, 1944
- Summary and Analysis of April 27, 1944 to August 1, 1944
What important aspects of Anne’s personality does this excerpt capture? What do these personality traits suggest about Anne’s maturity? How do excerpts like this one affect readers of the diary? Answer:3. In an entry dated July 15, 1944, Anne writes the following:
…in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquillity will return again
1. Briefly explain Anne’s relationship with her parents. How is her relationship with her father different from her relationship with her mother? What does each relationship tell you about Anne, her values, and her needs?Help please??? Due tomarrow
2. As you know, Anne frequently refers to how much she appreciates and enjoys nature. Why is nature so important to Anne? What does nature represent that she so desires? How do Anne’s passages on nature in the diary affect her mood and affect the mood oHelp please?