The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank Study Guide & Essays
Anne's diary was written during the years 1942-1944. These years were the toughest times of World War II in Europe. To make sense of World War II, one must begin with the aftermath of World War I and the Versailles Treaty of 1919.
At the beginning of the twentieth century, the German empire was one…
The ClassicNote on The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank is a complete study guide containing a biography of Anne Frank, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- About The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Character List
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of June 12, 1942 to July 8, 1942
- Summary and Analysis of October 1, 1942 to November 28, 1942
- Summary and Analysis of June 15, 1943 to December 6, 1943
- Summary and Analysis of February 13, 1944 to March 19, 1944
- Summary and Analysis of April 27, 1944 to August 1, 1944
she worries about her father but gives little thought on her mother
she obeys her father, but ignores her mother
she respects her father but is embarrassed by her mother
she fears her father but is comforted by her mother