1. What does Proctors hesitation to travel to salem indicate about his inner feelings?
2.Who is the head of the general court? what significance does this have in the power given to the court?
3.Explain the ironic ultimatum the head of the court has given to those who have been arrested.
4.Explain Proctors quote, "If the girls a saint now, I think it is not easy to prove she is a fraud, and the town gone so silly."
5.What lie does Elizabeth notice Proctor told? How does this feed her current suspicions?
6. Explain the metaphor, "The magistrate sits in your heart that judges you."
7. What evidence does Cheever have against Elizabeth?
8. How is Hale a "broken minister"?
9.Who are 2 dynamic characters and how have they changed?
10. How are the golden candlesticks symbolic of Parris's personality?
11. What words demonstrate Parris's reaction to having John Proctor in the court?
12. What 2 things does Cheever reveal to the court as evidence against Proctors good character? What could the evidence prove in court?
13.What does Hale ask Parris about those who attack the court? What is Parris's ironic response?
14. What threat does Abigail give Dansforth when he accuses her of lying?
15. Why is Dansforth temporarily persuaded by proctors accusation of abigail?
16. Why does Dansforth put so much faith in Elizabeths testimony?
17. When Hale verbally attacks Abigail, how does she defend herself?
18. How does Mary Warren defend herself from the girls?
19.On what charges are proctor and Corey arrested?
20.Explain this, - "Do that which is good, and no harm shall come to thee."
AGAIN I KNOW THIS IS A LOT TO ASK FOR BUT UR HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED AND I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP I CAN RECIEVE.