- Campbell, Patty. Robert Cormier: Daring to Disturb the Universe. New York: Delacorte Press, 2006.
- Campbell, Patty. Presenting Robert Cormier. Boston: Twayne Publishers, 1989.
- Cormier, Robert. The Chocolate War. New York: Alfred A Knopf, 1974.
- Hile, Kevin S. Something About the Author. New York: Gale, 1995.
- Robinette, Joseph, and Robert Cormier. The Chocolate War: A Play in Two Acts Based on the Book by Robert Cormier. New York: Dramatic Pub Co., 2001.
- Shippen, Donna Gilliland. Critical Reading Activities for the Works of Robert Cormier. Portland, ME: J. Weston Walch, 2000.
Cormier, Robert. "A Character by Any Other Name..." The English Journal, Vol. 90, No. 3, The Lure of Young Adult Literature (Jan. 2001), 31-32.
Morgan, Linda O. "Insight through Suffering: Cruelty in Adolescent Fiction about Boys." The English Journal, Vol. 69, No. 9 (Dec. 1980), 56-59.
Nilsen, Alleen Pace. "Books for Young Adults: Grandly Revolutionary? Or Simply Revolting?" The English Journal, Vol. 64, No. 6 (Sep. 1975), 80-83.
Small, Robert C., Jr. "The Junior Novel and the Art of Literature." The English Journal, Vol. 66, No. 7 (Oct. 1977), 56-59.
Janecsko, Paul. "In Their Own Words: An Interview with Robert Cormier." The English Journal, 1977.
Carlson, Robert G., and Norma Bagnall. "Bait/Rebait: Literature Isn't Supposed to Be Realistic." The English Journal, Vol. 70, No. 1 (Jan. 1981), 8-12.
- "Worcester Polytechnic Institute's Cormier Biography." WPI. 2007-04-23. 2008-03-27. <http://www.wpi.edu/Academics/Library/Archives/WAuthors/cormier/bio.html>.
- Associated Press. "Idaho school board rejects minister's request to ban book." firstammendmentcenter.org. 2006-05-11. 2008-04-09. <http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=16880>.