Describe Dunyasha's attitude about Yephikodov.
Points that may be raised by the class include (but are not limited to):
- Dunyasha clearly has no romantic interest in Yepikhodov.
- Despite her lack of interest in Yepikhodov, she is very proud that Yepikhodov has taken an interest in her. She boasts about the attention she receives from him to all who will listen.
- None of the other characters appear to have any interest in listening to Dunyasha talk about Yepikhodov's infatuation with her. Lopakhin and Anya notably try to avoid the topic.
- Lopakhin admonishes Dunyasha for her vanity and pretentiousness.
- When Dunyasha encounters Yasha, she clearly is interested in him...
Join Now to View Premium Content
GradeSaver provides access to 861 study guide PDFs and quizzes, 6546 literature essays, 1773 sample college application essays, 268 lesson plans, and ad-free surfing in this premium content, “Members Only” section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.