Please identify, quote, and label any if possible.
The Book Thief Questions
Join the discussion about The Book Thief by asking a new question or answering an existing question.
What are three examples of figurative language from the work?
"'The sky is blue today, Max, and there is a big long cloud, and it's stretched out like a rope. At the end of it, the sun is like a yellow hole'" Page 247
"A necklace of sweat had formed around her throat" Page 122
"Even death has a heart" Page 242
Source(s): The Book Thief
-What are 1-3 words to describe the authors tone and 1-3 words to describe the authors mood, explain?
-Characterization of ONE major character
-List the 10 MOST IMPORTANT events from the plot in the order they happened
-What is the theme/main idea of the story?
-Make one prediction on the future. In other words, what will happen next.
-Identify ONE external conflict from the work. (1-2 sentences describing it)
-Find and explain one example of irony in the work.
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP!
2. She steals her first book
3. Her mother leaves her and she meets her adoptive parents Hans and Herr Hubermann
4. Hans finds the book and teaches her to read
5. Max arrives
6. She steals her second book
7. The Mayor's Wife lets her in her library
8. She steals her third book
9. She sees Max in the parade and gets whipped
10. They bomb Himmel Street and she kisses Rudy
Irony: "It kills me sometimes the way these humans die." Death says.
Source(s): Book Thief By Markus Zusaks
Join for free to answer this question.