The Bonfire of the Vanities Study Guide & Essays
The Bonfire of the Vanities, published in 1987, was the eleventh book and first novel by the famous journalist, author, and American Studies scholar Tom Wolfe. Previously, Wolfe had written non-fiction journalism and essays on American life such as The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and The Right Stuff…
The Bonfire of the Vanities study guide contains a biography of Tom Wolfe, literature essays, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- The Bonfire of the Vanities Summary
- About The Bonfire of the Vanities
- Character List
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Prologue - "Mutt on Fire" and Chapter 1 - "The Master of the Universe"
- Summary and Analysis of Chapter 2 - "Gibraltar" and Chapter 3 - "From the Fiftieth Floor"
- Summary and Analysis of Chapter 4 - "King of the Jungle" and Chapter 5 - "The Girl with Brown Lipstick"