This is a story about a girl who marries a man she hardly knows. Why did she marry him?
Many possible responses, including:
- She is poor and he is very wealthy, she sees it as an opportunity to have a better life.
- She feels like she’s had a protected, sheltered girlhood and wants something exciting to happen.
- She thinks it’s time for her to grow up and leave home.
- She’s flattered by the Marquis’ interest in her; she feels like he sees something special in her that others do not.
- She’s attracted to him and feels curious about what sex will be like.
What details in the story suggest that “The Bloody Chamber” takes place at a...
Join Now to View Premium Content
GradeSaver provides access to 765 study guide PDFs and quizzes, 5092 literature essays, 1553 sample college application essays, 195 lesson plans, and ad-free surfing in this premium content, “Members Only” section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.