1. What is Becky's motivation to become 'engaged' to Tom. Why does she later reject him?
2.Compare and Contrast Huck and Tom.
3. How does the reader know that Tom's conscince bothers him about not reporting the murder?
Chapters 12- 20 Questions
4. Identifiy some ways in which the boys occupy their time on Jackson Island.
5. Identify the internal and external conflicts experienced by the boys regarding returning home from the island.
6. What is Tom's opinion about honesty? Does he change his attitude at all?
7. Why does Tom decide to keep his distance from Becky upon his return hime from the island? What causes them to eventually reconcile?