This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.
- Harry Haller – the protagonist, a middle-aged man
- Pablo – a saxophonist
- Hermine – a young woman Haller meets at a dance
- Maria – Hermine's friend
- Background and publication history
- Plot summary
- Major characters
- Critical analysis
- Critical reception
- "Treatise on the Steppenwolf"
- References in popular culture
- Film, TV or theatrical adaptations