- Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.
- Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members.
- Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist.
- What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think.
- A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
- It is easy to see that a greater self-reliance must work a revolution in all the offices and relations of men; in their religion; in their education; in their pursuits; their modes of living; their association; in their property; in their speculative views.
Answers 2Add Yours
Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.
This follows the major theme of individuality. The strength of the individual is paramount. Emerson felt personal intuition is stronger than any other type of knowledge.
You need to submit each of your quotations one at a time and I will try to get to them. Thanks!
okay .thank you