1) why does big ma sign the land over to Papa and Uncle Hammer
2) why was Stacey whipped by Mama in the story
3) why does Mama take the Logan children to go see the Berry's
4) How is Uncle Hammer different from other African-Americans (I think it's because he has a lot of money and a nice car like Mr. Granger)
5) What do these things symbolize from the story:
Pearl handed pistol
Thunder(I think this represents the conflict, trials and tribulations the Logan's went through)
6) What does Stacey feel responsible for during the incident that occurred on the road to Vicksburg and why?
7) why does Big Ma make Cassie apologize to the Simms at Strawberry Market
8) What happened in the story that is a sign that Stacey is becoming more mature?
9) Why does Mr. Jamison back the credit for people to shop in Vicksburg
10) Why is the black school only in operation from October to March?