This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.
- Bennett, Tegan. "Sapphire shapes a gem that is Precious." Sydney Morning Herald 18 Jan. 1997, late ed.: 12.
- Freeman-Greene, Suzy. "Hard beat of Harlem; Books." The Age 21 Sep. 1996, late ed.: 7.
- Harmon, William et al. A Handbook to Literature. 9th ed. NJ:Prentice Hall, 2003.
- Harrell, Shante' L. D. et al. "Ramona Lofton (Sapphire)." VG: Voices from the Gaps. 2006. University of Minnesota. 16 Apr. 2009. 
- Kakutani, Michiko. "BOOK OF THE TIMES; A Cruel World, Endless Until a Teacher Steps In." The New York Times 14 Jun. 1996, late ed.: 29. 
- Powers, William. "Sapphire's Raw Gem; Some Say Her Novel Exploits Suffering. She Says They're Reading It All Wrong." The Washington Post 6 Aug. 1996:B1.