Premium Content Poe's Pointers for Perfection
By Anonymous - September 15, 2003
In "The Philosophy of Composition," Edgar Allan Poe describes a credible set of short and simple guidelines regarding the structure of a great literary work. These procedures may seem insignificant and useless to experienced writers. On the other hand, amateur writers that may be having difficulty beginning or developing their work might find Poe's…
This excerpt of the essay is provided for free. To read the complete essay of 1662 words or to get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3018 literature essays, 903 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Poe's Short Stories Essays and Related Content
- Poe's Short Stories: Study Guide
- Poe's Short Stories: Major Themes
- Poe's Short Stories: E-Text
- Poe's Short Stories: Questions
- Poe's Short Stories: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Edgar Allan Poe: Biography
- Women in Transit
- Death and Creation in Poe's "Ligeia"
- The Man of the Crowd
- Poe's Pointers for Perfection
- The "Men of the Crowd"
- Mask of Life and Death
- The Tell Tale Heart and The Black Cat
- The Cask of Amontillado
- Discovering Ligeia: Immortality, Transcendentalism and The Search For The Unknown
- Doppelgängers Revealing Personal Duality
- The Calamitous Characteristics of Romantic Corruption