Premium Content Literary Traditions in Yeats' work
By Kathryn Dorrian - February 07, 2005
When writers use quotations, allusions, or traditions, they are referring to a piece of work or an event that has occurred prior to the moment of their writing. They use the past to help shape the work that they are crafting in the present. T.S. Eliot, in his landmark essay "Tradition and the Individual Talent", makes the point that "the past…
This excerpt of the essay is provided for free. To read the complete essay of 1972 words or to get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3014 literature essays, 897 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Poems of W.B. Yeats: The Rose Essays and Related Content
- Poems of W.B. Yeats: The Rose: Study Guide
- Poems of W.B. Yeats: The Rose: Major Themes
- Poems of W.B. Yeats: The Rose: Questions
- Poems of W.B. Yeats: The Rose: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- William Butler Yeats: Biography
- Sailing to Byzantium: Adrift on Perfection
- Uniting Body and Soul In Yeats' "Among School Children"
- The Magic of Device
- An Essay on the Symbolism of W.B. Yeats' Poetry
- Literary Traditions in Yeats' work
- Among School Children: A Condemnation of Old Age?
- Assessment of Yeats through Three Poems
- Yeats' Lapis Lazuli as an Exploration of the Role of Art (College)