Premium Content Jane Austen's Perfect Heroine: The Use of Reserve in Persuasion
By Riki Verlinden - April 22, 2006
Jane Austen's Perfect Heroine:
The Use of Reserve in Persuasion
"Her character was now fixed on his mind as perfection itself."
Jane Austen, Persuasion
Anne Elliot is often described as Jane Austen's most mature and perfect heroine; and so she is. One is disposed to share Captain Wentworth's sentiments when he pronounces Anne's character to be…
This excerpt of the essay is provided for free. To read the complete essay of 1838 words or to get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3239 literature essays, 977 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Persuasion Essays and Related Content
- Persuasion: Study Guide
- Persuasion: Major Themes
- Persuasion: E-Text
- Persuasion: Questions
- Persuasion: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Jane Austen: Biography
- The Reality of Aristocratic Facades
- Hierarchy and Privilege in Jane Austen
- A Discussion of the Romantic Element in Austen's Persuasion
- Jane Austen's Perfect Heroine: The Use of Reserve in Persuasion
- Cruelty in persuasion
- Crippling Optimism: Prevailing Providence in Rasselas and Persuasion
- “Listening in Silence”: The Roles of Captain Wentworth and Cleopatra in Jane Austen’s Persuasion and Shakespeare’s Antony and Cleopatra