quotes from Candy, George, Lennie, Curley's Wife. With page numbers
Answers 3Add Yours
Lennie- "If you don' want me I can g off in the hills an' find a cave. I can go away any time."
George- "No—look! I was jus' foolin', Lennie. 'Cause I want you to stay with me."
Boss- "Well, I never seen one guy take so much trouble for another guy. I just like to know what your interest is."
George- "I got you! You can't keep a job and you lose me ever' job I get. Jus' keep me shovin' all over the country all the time."
Candy- "When they can me here I wisht somebody'd shoot me."
Curley's Wife- "I never get to talk to nobody. I get awful lonely."
'guys like us are the lonliest guys in the world' - George
'you are all god damn scared of each other' - Curley's Wife
- "S'pose you didn't have nobody. S'pose you couldn't go into the bunk house and play rummy 'cause you was black. How'd you like that? S'pose you had to sit out here an' read books. Sure you could play horseshoes till it got dark, but then you got to read books. Books ain't no good. A guy needs somebody-to be near him. A guy goes nuts if he ain't got nobody. Don't make no difference who the guy is, long's he's with you. I tell ya, I tell ya a guy gets too lonely an' he gets sick"
- ''Guys don’t come into a colored man’s room very much” (71).
2) Curley's Wife
- "I never get to talk to nobody. I get awful lonely."
- "What's the matter with me? Ain't I got a right to talk to nobody?"
- "Seems like they ain't none of them cares how I gotta live".
3) Candy - After Carlson shot Candy’s dog, reality hit because he can’t work because of his missing hand and he lost his only friend he had for years. This makes him Lonely.
- "I wish somebody would shoot me when I become useless".
-"Carl's right, Candy. That dog ain't no good to himself''.