Much Ado About Nothing Study Guide
Much Ado About Nothing study guide contains a biography of William Shakespeare, literature essays, a complete e-text, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
Leonato, the governor of Messina, has just received a letter informing him that Don Pedro and his army will be coming to Messina. The messenger further informs him that a young man named Claudio earned significant recognition during the latest battles. Beatrice, Leonato's niece, asks about Benedick and learns that he too is with the army.
Don Pedro arrives and greets Leonato, who agrees to let Don Pedro's men stay in Messina for a month. Claudio meanwhile notices Leonato's daughter Hero and tells his friend Benedick that he has fallen in love with her. Benedick scoffs at the thought of Claudio falling in love and makes fun of what Hero looks like. Benedick indicates that he will never be made a fool of and get married.
Don Pedro returns from…
Read the full Much Ado About Nothing Summary
- Much Ado About Nothing Summary
- About Much Ado About Nothing
- Character List
- Summary and Analysis of Act 1
- Summary and Analysis of Act 2
- Summary and Analysis of Act 3
- Summary and Analysis of Act 4
- Summary and Analysis of Act 5
- About Shakespearean Theater
- Related Links on Much Ado About Nothing
- Author of ClassicNote and Sources
Much Ado About Nothing Essays and Related Content
- Much Ado About Nothing: Essays
- Much Ado About Nothing: E-Text
- Much Ado About Nothing: Questions
- Much Ado About Nothing: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- William Shakespeare: Biography