- ^ Modern first editions - a set on Flickr
- ^ "National Book Awards – 1971". NBF. Retrieved 2012-03-03. (With essay by Craig Morgan Teicher from the Awards 60-year anniversary blog.)
- ^ Dittmar, The end of enlightenment: Bellow's universal view of the Holocaust in "Sammler's Planet"
- ^ Cambridge History of American Literature, p.256
- ^ Roth, Rereading Saul Bellow
- ^ Pifer, Saul Bellow against the Grain, p.11
- ^ Oates, Whose Side Are You On
- ^ Bellow, Mr. Sammler's Planet, page 313
- ^ as quoted in Pifer, op.cit., p.7
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.