- Jenner, William John Francis. (1984). "Translator's Afterword". in trans. W.J.F. Jenner, Journey to the West, volume 4. Seventh Edition. Beijing: Foreign Languages Press. 2341–2343.
- Shi Changyu 石昌渝 (1999). "Introduction". in trans. W.J.F. Jenner, Journey to the West, volume 1. Seventh Edition. Beijing: Foreign Languages Press. 1–22.
- Yu, Anthony. "Introduction". Journey to the West. Trans. and ed. Anthony Yu. Vol. 1. Chicago - London: University of Chicago Press, 1977. 1–62.
- Fu, James S. Mythic and Comic Aspects of the Quest. Singapore: Singapore University Press, 1977.
- Hsia, C.T. "The Journey to the West". The Classic Chinese Novel. New York: Columbia UP, 1968. 115–164.
- Kao, Karl S.Y. "An Archetypal Approach to Hsi-yu chi". Tamkang Review 5, no.2 (Oct 1974). 63–98.
- Plaks, Andrew. The Four Masterworks of the Ming Novel. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1987. 183–276.
- Plaks, Andrew. "Journey to the West". Miller, Barbara S. (ed.): Masterworks of Asian Literature in Comparative Perspective. New York - London: M.E. Sharpe, 1994. 272–284.
- Yu, Anthony C. "Two Literary Examples of Religious Pilgrimage: The Commedia and the Journey to the West". History of Religions 22, no. 3 (Feb 1983). 202–230.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is
providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a
professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do
not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your
discretion when relying on it.