This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.
- Gustav Fröhlich as Freder, the hero of the film.
- Brigitte Helm as Maria, the workers' peaceful advocate, and her robot double; also as the Creative Man, Death, and the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Alfred Abel as Joh Fredersen, the master of Metropolis and Freder's father.
- Rudolf Klein-Rogge as Rotwang, a mad scientist.
- Heinrich George as Grot, the foreman of the Heart Machine.
- Fritz Rasp as The Thin Man, Fredersen's spy.
- Theodor Loos as Josaphat, Fredersen's assistant.
- Erwin Biswanger as Georgy (or 11811), a downtrodden worker.