Merchant of Venice Quizzes
Merchant of Venice Quiz 2
1. How does Portia prevent Shylock from killing Antonio?
- She has Venetian guards arrest him
- She informs him that only a Christian may enter into a legal contract with another Christian, and hence his contract is void
- She rips up the contract and denies that it ever existed
- She tells him to take his pound of flesh, but that all his land and goods will be forfeit if he sheds a single drop of blood
2. Bassanio gives his ring to the young lawyer at whose request?
This excerpt of this quiz is provided for free. To view and take the complete quiz or get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3005 literature essays, 895 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Merchant of Venice Essays and Related Content
- Merchant of Venice: Essays
- Merchant of Venice: E-Text
- Merchant of Venice: Questions
- Merchant of Venice: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- William Shakespeare: Biography
- Merchant of Venice Summary
- About Merchant of Venice
- Character List
- Summary and Analysis of Act 1
- Summary and Analysis of Act 2
- Summary and Analysis of Act 3
- Summary and Analysis of Act 4
- Summary and Analysis of Act 5
- About Shakespearean Theater
- Related Links on Merchant of Venice
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 1
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 2
- Author of ClassicNote and Sources