Premium Content Pen, Ink, and Gas: The Use of Comics in MAUS
By Tom Saylor Potter - October 04, 2010
While Art sits at his drawing board, a pile of emaciated Jewish bodies lies below him, seemingly unnoticed while reporters and businessmen climb over them (II.41). These bodies represent the grave nature of Art’s subject matter, the millions of dead Jews demanding that their story be told accurately, that their murderers’ atrocity not be…
This excerpt of the essay is provided for free. To read the complete essay of 1525 words or to get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3201 literature essays, 936 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
MAUS Essays and Related Content
- MAUS: Study Guide
- MAUS: Major Themes
- MAUS: Questions
- MAUS: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Art Spiegelman: Biography
- Stylistic Detail of MAUS and Its Effect on Reader Attachment
- Using Animals to Divide: Illustrated Allegory in Maus and Terrible Things
- Father-Son Conflict in MAUS
- Anthropomorphism and Race in Maus
- A Postmodernist Reading of Spiegelman's Maus
- Pen, Ink, and Gas: The Use of Comics in MAUS
- Artie's Impressions of the Holocaust in Maus II (College)
- Guilt in Maus (12th Grade)