- Ray Bradbury. Fahrenheit 451. New York City: Ballantine Books, 1953.
- Suzanna Collins. The Hunger Games. New York City: Scholastic Press, 2008.
- Veronica Roth. Divergent. New York City: HarperCollins Publishers, 2011.
- Lois Lowry. The Giver. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1993.
- George Orwell. 1984. London: Secker and Warburg, 1949.
- Ally Condie. Matched. New York City: The Penguin Group, 2010.
Thomas, Dylan. “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night.” Literature and Society: An Introduction to Fiction, Poetry, Drama, Nonfiction. Eds. Pamela J. Annas and Robert C. Rosen. 4th Ed. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 2006. 194.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson. "Crossing the Bar." Demeter and Other Poems. 1889. Print.
Robert Frost, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.” The Poetry of Robert Frost, edited by Edward Connery Lathem. 1923.
- "Interview with Ally Condie." Society of Matched. 8/28/10. July 27, 2015. <https://societyofmatched.wordpress.com/2010/08/28/interview-with-ally-condie/>.
- "Interview with Ally Condie." Good Reads. November, 2014. July 27, 2015. <http://www.goodreads.com/interviews/show/992.Ally_Condie>.
- "Ally Condie.." Awesome Authors. July 25, 2015. <http://webblyawesome.weebly.com/ally-condie.html>.
- "Ally Condie Biography." Ally Condie Official Website. July 23, 2015. <http://allycondie.com/bio>.