Author of ClassicNote and Sources
Ryan White, author of ClassicNote. Completed on August 16, 2006, copyright held by GradeSaver.
Updated and revised by W.C. Miller October 06, 2006. Copyright held by GradeSaver.
Blits, Jan H. "Hobbesian Fear," Political Theory, 17 (Aug. 1989): 417-431.
Curly, Edwin. "Calvin and Hobbes, or, Hobbes as an orthodox Christian," Journal of the History of Philosophy, 34 (1996): 257-271.
Macpherson, C.B. "Introduction to Leviathan," in Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan (London: Penguin Books, 1968).
Milner, Benjamin. "Hobbes: On Religion," Political Theory 16 (Aug. 1988): 400-425.
Orbell, John M., & Rutherford, Brent M. "Can Leviathan Make the Life of Man Less Solitary, Poor, Nasty, Brutish and Short?" British Journal of Political Science 3 (Oct., 1973): 383-407.
"Thomas Hobbes," entry in Seymour Martin Lipset (ed.), The Encyclopedia of Democracy (Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly, 1995)
Leviathan Essays and Related Content
- Leviathan: Major Themes
- Leviathan: Essays
- Leviathan: E-Text
- Leviathan: Questions
- Leviathan: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Thomas Hobbes: Biography
- Leviathan Summary
- About Leviathan
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Book I: Introduction, Chapters 1-5
- Summary and Analysis of Book I: Chapters 6-12
- Summary and Analysis of Book I: Chapters 13-16
- Summary and Analysis of Book II: Chapters 17-21
- Summary and Analysis of Book II: Chapters 22-31
- Summary and Analysis of Book III
- Summary and Analysis of Book IV, Conclusion
- The Frontispiece
- Related Links on Leviathan
- Suggested Essay Questions
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 1
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 2
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 3
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 4
- Author of ClassicNote and Sources