The Sussex edition is standard for Kipling's works. Noted critical editions include:
- Kipling, Rudyard. Kim (Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1987). [ISBN: 0-14-018352-3] With an introduction and notes by famed postcolonial critic Edward Said.
- Kipling, Rudyard, Kim, (New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2002). [ISBN 0-393-96650-X] A modern edition with extensive notes, essays, maps and references.
Works of criticism
- Benedetti, Amedeo, Il Kim di Kipling. In: "LG Argomenti", Genova, Erga, a. XLIII (2007), n. 4, pp. 17–21.
- Hopkirk, Peter, Quest for Kim: in Search of Kipling's Great Game (London: John Murray, 1996). [ISBN 0-7195-5560-4] The author visits the locations of the novel and discusses the real-life personages that may have possibly inspired its characters.
- Wilson, Angus, The Strange Ride of Rudyard Kipling: His Life and Works, (New York, The Viking Press: 1977). [ISBN 0-670-67701-9]