kidnapped the book. so i have this assignment due tomorrow and but iv'e been out of school for 2 weeks cause i got a concussion and my english teacher was like "i expect you to know this cause you should've been studying while you were gone" i argued with her for like an hour but i still have to do it, so can someone PLEASE help me! THANK YOU!!!!
1. Breck displays an arrogance after the fight that displeases David deeply. What does Alan say and/or do that troubles David? What is David to do with the "keepsake" Alan gives him?
2. In Chapter 12, we learn more about the historical web in which Stevenson spun this story. Who is the "Red Fox"? Who is Ardshiel? Why does Alan despise them? What is a Whig and why does Alan consider David to be one?
3. Explain the context and meaning of the following quote.
"His brig was like a wife and child to him; he had looked on, day by day, at the mishandling of poor Ransome; but when it came to the brig, he seemed to suffer along with her." (p.105)
4. David is marooned for over four days on a rocky isle he had come to land upon. Countless times David feared dying miserably alone. He felt numb from the chilly rains and nauseated from his diet of raw shellfish. Yet David only breaks down and despairs once. What nurtured his hope during those many lonely hours of wretchedness? Please be specific in your response.
5. In chapter 15, David meets a character very much like the "blind guide" Jesus condemns in Matthew 23:16-17. First, copy down the short passage from Scripture. Next, describe David's blind guide and tell how David relates to him. How do David and his guide part ways? How is David's blind guide like the Pharisee Jesus speaks out against?