Who would you label as the antagonist of the book?
Answers 2Add Yours
The antagonist in Insurgent is Jeanine Matthews.
Things to Know About Alcohol
A common drug found in certain beverages is called alcohol. It is created by fermentation, a process in which yeast, sugar, and water are combined. Alcoholic drinks include beer, wine, and liquor.
Proof of Different Alcoholic Beverages
Each alcoholic beverage has a proof, which is a measure of the amount of alcohol in a container of liquor. The proof of a drink is double the percent of alcohol in the bottle. For example, 80-proof vodka is 40 percent alcohol.
Factors That Influence BAC
- Number of drinks: The more a person drinks, the higher the BAC.
- How fast a person drinks: Drinking quickly raises BAC. A BAC of 0.37 percent to 0.40 percent or higher can cause death.
- Type of alcohol: Higher alcohol concentration in the drink speeds up the process of alcohol absorption in the body.
- Type of mixer: Water and fruit juices mixed with alcohol slow the process, while carbonated beverages mixed with alcohol speed up the absorption process.
- Size and gender: BAC rises faster in females, in smaller people, or in people who are underweight.
- Food in the stomach: BAC increases more slowly in a person with a full stomach because alcohol is absorbed (soaked up) less quickly when there is food in the stomach.
- Other drugs in the body: Other drugs can increase the effects of alcohol.
- Mood: Feeling depressed can increase the effects of alcohol.