A. E. van Vogt wrote a novel, Empire of the Atom, which is a wholesale translation of Graves's novel into science fiction.
In the last page of The Areas of My Expertise, John Hodgman includes a table comparing his "future works" with I, Claudius.
The self-referential title has influenced the names of other works of fiction and autobiographies:
- I, Claud..., autobiography of Claud Cockburn
- I, Claudia, Canadian independent film
- I, Claudia, the first of a series of novels by Marilyn Todd, featuring her heroine Claudia Seferius
- I & Claudius: Travels with My Cat, accounts of travel by Clare de Vries and her Burmese cat Claudius
- I, Clownius, an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- I, Cthulhu, a short story by Neil Gaiman
- I, Frankenstein, a 2014 film by Stuart Beattie
- I, Jedi, Star Wars Expanded Universe novel by Michael Stackpole
- I, Libertine, 1956 novel by Theodore Sturgeon
- I, Lucifer, a novel by Glen Duncan
- I, Mengsk, novel by Graham McNeill in the world of StarCraft, about the three generations of the Mengsk family.
- I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan, the 2011 'autobiography' of fictional English TV and radio presenter Alan Partridge
- I, Phoolan Devi, autobiography of Indian female bandit Phoolan Devi
- I, Robot, 1939 Adam Link story by Eando Binder (unrelated to the Isaac Asimov story collection)
- I, Robot, 1950 science fiction story collection by Isaac Asimov.
- I, Strahd, a horror-fantasy novel by P. N. Elrod set in Ravenloft
- I, Tintin, documentary film about the author of the fictional adventurer
- I, Tyrant, a sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons based on the beholder creatures; aside from the reference to I, Claudius, the name is also a play on the creatures' nickname of "Eye Tyrant."
- Io, Caligola, Italian title of the re-cut infamous motion picture Caligula when re-released in Italy in 1984 (the translated title is "I, Caligula")
- Me, Claudius, a play presented by Sesame Street's Cookie Monster on Monsterpiece Theatre (Cookie Monster frequently confuses personal pronouns)